200g digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted
Place biscuits in a zip-lock bag, roll over with a rolling pin. Mix the biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Press it firmly with the back of a spoon onto a 8″ loose-bottom tart pan. Refrigerate it for use later.
Custard : (recipe adapted from rhid-baked.blogspot)
2 cups whole milk
6 large egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup corn starch (sifted)
1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
3.5 Tbs unsalted butter at room temp and cut into bits
1. Bring the milk to boil in a small saucepan.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan whisk the egg yolks together, as well as the sugar and cornstarch until it is well blended and slightly thick.
3. Still whisking stir in around 1/4 of a cup of boiling milk (do this slowly – always adding a small bit whilst you whisk).
4. Keep whisking and pour in the rest of the boiling milk.
5. Put the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to the boil while constantly whisking.
6. Keep boiling for around 1 min, then remove from the heat.
7. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
8. Let sit for 5 min.
9. Add the butter and whisk in until it is well Incorporated (the cream should be smooth and slightly shiny).
1. Pour the custard onto the biscuit base. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula
2. Decorate with desired fruits
3. Keep refrigerated until serving time