DH and MIL love chiffon cake, especially pandan flavour. Using the left-over coconut milk from attempting Kueh Bangkit, I baked this coconut pandan chiffon. I have baked pandan chiffon cakes several times using evaporated milk (thought it is healthier), but this is so different using coconut milk. It is really fragrant! The cake is soft, moist and sweetness is just right for us. I am using a recipe from Aunty Yochana. A KEEPER!
Recipe adapted and modified from Yochanan Cake Delight
Ingredients for egg yolk mixture
5 Egg yolks
1.5 Tbsp + 1tsp Pandan juice (blend 4-5 leaves with water )
130g Coconut milk
1/4 tsp. Salt
3 tbsp + 2 tsp Corn oil
1 tsp. Pandan Paste
1/4 tsp. Green colouring ( I omitted)
60 gm. Caster sugar
120 gm. Cake flour
Egg White Mixture:
5 Egg white
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
70 gm. Caster sugar
1. Mix all the egg yolk ingredients together and stir till smooth.
2. Whisk egg white with cream of tartar and gradually pour in the sugar. Whisk at high speed until frothy and stiff peak forms.
3. Gently fold egg yolk mixture with egg white mixture until blended.
4. Pour into 21cm tube pan. Bake at 170C for about 40 to 45 mins or until cooked.
5. Remove from oven, invert cake onto cooling rack until completely cooled before removing from the pan.
6. Slice and serve.
(Note : I prefer to use convectional oven mode with top and bottom heat)