I made this cake for my dear daughter who is celebrating her 13th birthday today. Since this is for her, I must bake with something she likes most, so the key ingredient is none other than OREO. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
100g Oreo cookies without cream
40g butter, melted
250g Cream Cheese, softened
20g Butter, softened
140g Whipping Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg, beaten
20g Oreo cookies without cream ( finely grounded )
6-8 Oreo cookies with cream ( either break them into half or use whole piece )
6 Oreo sandwich cookies for decorating ( optional )
1. Place biscuits in a zip-lock bag, roll over with a rolling pin. Mix the biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Press it firmly on base and sides with the back of a spoon onto a 6” round loose bottom cake tin.
2. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
3. Beat cream cheese and butter untill creamy on medium speed. Add sugar and beat until combined.
4. Add whipping cream and vanilla extract to cream cheese mixture on medium low speed. Beat until smooth and incorporated.
5. Lastly, add egg and beat until combined on low speed.
6. Mix in finely grounded cookie crumbs. Use a spatula to run through the cheese mixture in a zig zag manner to eliminate air bubbles.
7. Pour half of cheese mixture onto biscuit base, arrange cookies on the filling and pour the remaining cheese mixture to cover the cookies. Optional : you may also decorate the final layer with oreo cookies
8. Wrap top and sides of spring form tin / loose bottom tin with aluminium foil. Steam bake at 160 degrees C for 45mins – 1hr or until done ( the centre should wobble).
9. When baked, allow cheesecake to cool in the oven with oven door ajar for 30 minutes.
10. Place cooled cheesecake tin in the refrigerator and chill for 4-6 hours. Dislodge cheesecake from cheesecake tin. Serve cheesecakes chilled.