DD likes oreo cookies so much that she even finished up all the cream that was removed from the cookies. I am pretty sure that oreo and banana make a good match, so I decided to tweak my favourite banana cake recipe by introducing oreo cookies into it. Since I do not want the taste of oreo to overwhelm the scent from banana, I use only 6 oreo cookies which DD prefers more cookies. No harm putting more oreo cookies (say 10) if you wish to try out this recipe. You can also top the batter with oreo cookie too.
Well, I would say that the new addition of oreo did not change the original banana cake texture at all, it is still the usual soft and moist banana cake that I like.
This recipe makes 10 cupcakes.
113 cake flour
6g baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
60g brown sugar
130 – 150g mashed banana
½ tsp rum
½ tsp lemon juice ( omitted since I do not have lemon at home )
100g plain yoghurt
6 oreo cookies break into quarters ( cookies with cream removed )
1. Sieve together cake flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
2. Mash bananas and mix in rum.
3. Beat butter, oil and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add in egg and beat until well combine.
5. Beat in the mashed banana.
6. Mix in flour mixture alternating with yogurt over two times. Fold in oreo cookies.
7. Pour batter into muffin pan lined with muffin cases and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or till cooked.