These are very yummy ‘All-time favourite’ Butter Cookies, like those Danish Butter Cookies. I would recommend you to use good quality butter.
This recipe is adapted from Agnes Chang ‘I Can Bake’. I made a slight modification by adding pure vanilla extract for my preference.
250g butter / margarine ( I use Lurpak butter )
120g castor sugar
250g plain flour, sifted
120g rice flour, sifted
1tsp pure vanilla extract ( optional as it is not included in the original recipe )
Some castor sugar for sprinkling on top as decoration
1. Cream butter and castor sugar till well-combined.
( Add vanilla extract at this stage – optional )
2. Add in plain flour, rice flour and mix into a pliable dough.
3. Place dough between 2 sheets of grease-proof paper and roll into 1/2 cm / 1/4″ thick.
4. Cut with love-shaped cookie cutter and arrange cookies onto a greased baking tray. Sprinkle some castor sugar on top as decoration.
( I arrange the cookies on the baking tray lined with baking sheet )
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes, till lightly brown.
6. Remove, leave to cool before storing into air-tight tin.