This is one of my must bake CNYcookies. Having tried various recipes, I have yet to find one that is highly satisfied until I baked this today. DH likes these pineapple tarts texture and he even asked me to use this recipe for future baking. I agree with him as this is one that melts-in-the-mouth which I am very satisfied.
This recipe is adapted from j3sskitch3n. Slight modification is made for my own experiment.
Preparation time : 1 hr 45 mins
Baking time : 15 mins
Total time : 2 hours
Yield : 72 pcs of size 1-1/4” dia round pineapple tarts
Bake King ready made pineapple paste, rolled in balls ( mix 2tsp of rum into pineapple paste and roll into balls)
50 icing sugar ( I use 40g )
2 egg yolks
½ tsp vanilla essence ( I use pure vanilla extract )
¼ tsp salt
350g top flour ( I use cake flour )
50g corn flour
1 egg yolk – for glazing
¼ tsp salt – for glazing
1 tsp water – for glazing
1. Using a hand whisk, cream QBB and sugar until light. Whisk in egg yolks 1 at a time until well combined. Add essence and salt and whisk until fluffy.
2. Sift top flour and corn flour together and fold into the QBB mixture to form a soft dough.
3. Divide dough using a tsp and roll into balls.
4. Flatten a piece of dough and place a piece of the roll pineapple paste in the middle. Bring the edges of the dough together and press lightly to seal. Roll it in between your palms to shape it into roll.
5. Place rolls on baking tray lined with parchment paper or paper casing.
6. In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk, salt and water together for the glaze.
7. Brush the glaze on the pineapple rolls with a brush.
8. Bake in preheated oven of 180C and bake for 20-25 mins or until the rolls are pale golden brown.
( I set my oven to multi cooking mode and bake 2 trays at one go for 15 mins )
9. Cool on wired rack before storing in airtight container.