There are many different flavour of chiffon cake, but pandan flavour is still our all-time favourite.
Cooked Dough Pandan Chiffon Cake烫面班兰戚风
Source : Wen’s Delight
Makes : one 8” chiffon cake
5 egg yolks
70g coconut milk
40g pandan juice
90g cake flour
1/8 tsp pandan paste (optional)
5 egg white
80g castor sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar ( not included in original recipe )
1. Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
2. Cook coconut milk, butter and pandan juice together till butter melted, while is warmed add in sifted flour and mix well.
( I add in pandan paste in this step )
3. Follow by egg yolks, add in slowly and mix well, set aside.
4. Whisk egg whites till foamy and add in sugar whisk till stiff.
( Whisk egg white at low speed until foamy, add in cream of tartar and whisk at medium speed. Add in sugar in 3 additions and whisk at medium-high speed until stiff peak forms )
5. Add in 1/3 meringue into the cooked dough and fold well.
6. Pour this mixture back to the balance meringue and fold well till the mixture is well mix.
( Add the remaining meringue and gently fold in until well combine )
7. Pour into a 20cm chiffon mould, bake at 170 deg C for the 1st 10min, then use 150 deg C bake for 35 mins.
8. Invert the cake to cool, unmould when completely cooled.