Another good choice of chewy cookies.
Source : Alton Brown’s Good Eats via Jean of Noms I Must
Makes 50-60 smaller size cookies
Chewy Chocolate Cookie
227g unsalted butter
360g bread flour
1 tsp kosher salt ( I use normal salt )
1 tsp baking soda
270g brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
340g semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 190°C.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3. Pour the melted butter in the mixer’s work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
4. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Chill the dough, then scoop (#20 disher) onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
( I scoop the dough into a container and chill in the fridge, then transfer them onto a baking tray to bake. Alternatively, if you have sufficient space in the fridge, you can scoop the dough directly onto the baking tray and chill (this saves you sometime in transferring)