Source : My Sweet Hut *I’m unable to add a link to My Sweet Hut due to system error. My apologies.
Pandan Cotton Cake
Makes two 7” x 3.5” tin
60g butter (melted)
80g cake flour (sifted)
45g fresh milk + 35g coconut cream
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites
70g caster sugar
3 tbsp pandan juice
3/4 tsp pandan paste
some dessicated coconut
1. Beat the egg yolks till light (abt 1-2 mins), add in pandan juice and paste, milk and coconut cream. Mix well.
2. Add melted butter and mix in flour. Stir till well combined. Put aside.
3. Whisk egg whites until frothy, add in sugar, continue to whisk till stiff (abt 2.5-3 mins).
4. Fold 1/3 of egg whites into egg yolk mixture (step 2), mix well. Repeat the same step for the remaining 2 portions and gently mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the cake pan, lightly bang the cake pan to release air bubbles.
6. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut over.
7. Bake in pre-heat oven at 155-160C for 30-35 mins.
8. Invert cake onto a cooling rack till completely cool down. Remove cake from pan for serving.