I suppose this is a successful bake with the wide smile greeting you on a good Monday morning. I’m glad that I chanced upon this recipe from Baking on Cloud 9 as I find the tip useful.
Source : Baking on Cloud 9
Steamed Egg Cake 蒸鸡蛋糕
3 large eggs
300g plain flour
300g sugar ( I used 200g )
170ml F&N orange juice ( I used fresh orange juice )
1. Sift plain flour and set aside.
2. Beat eggs and sugar until mixture turns pale and thick, about 20-25 mins using the mixer.
3. Fold in flour into egg mixture gently, until well mixed.
4. Pour in orange juice into the mixture and stir in one direction gently, and until well mixed.
5. Pour mixture into prepared cane basket with plastic suitable for steaming. Sprinkle sugar across the mixture. Steam on high heat for 1 hour ( I noticed mine was ready around 45 mins )
Tips from Baking on Cloud 9 : To have your cake smile at you, sprinkle sugar across the mixture before putting into the steamer.