I have this picture taken a year ago. This was a birthday cake I baked for two of my colleagues whose birthday fall on the same day. I cannot remember the texture, but the acerbic taste was unforgettable. I am a person who does not have a high tart tolerance level, so one bite of this cheesecake had my eyes squinting =.=. If you will like to try out this recipe, increase the amount of sugar to the tartness of the lime.
Biscuit Base :
200g digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted
Mix them together and press into a 9” round springform tin.
Cream Cheese Filling :
227g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar ( I find it too tart, you may increase more if you like )
1 large egg
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
1/2 cup key lime juice, freshly squeezed*
1 teaspoon cornflour
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C for dark pans )
2. In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.
3. Add lime juice, grated lime zest and cornflour and beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour mixture onto biscuit base and level the mixture evenly.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
6. Once cooled, chill in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight before serving.
7. Decorate as desired.