This is good. Thumbs up!
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min’s Blog
Source : Min of Min’s blog, with slight modifications.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Parmesan & Cream Cheese Chocolate Rice Chiffon Cupcake
90g fresh milk ( I used chocolate milk )
60g butter, softened at room temperature
30g cream cheese, softened at room temperature ( I used SCS cream cheese spread )
10g parmesan cheese powder
20g caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
100g cake flour, sifted
80g egg yolk
50g chocolate rice ( not included in original recipe )
175g egg white
60g caster sugar
10ml lemon juice ( I used ¼ tsp cream of tartar )
1. Follow this sequence to add ingredients in a bowl : milk, butter, sugar, salt, cream cheese, parmesan cheese powder. Sit the bowl in a pot to double boil. Mix to combine well. Remove from heat.
2. Add sifted flour into step 1, quickly mix to combine, then add egg yolk to the mixture. Stir well to combine.
3. Whisk egg whites at low speed until foamy, add in cream of tartar and whisk at medium speed. Add in sugar in 3 additions and whisk at medium high speed until stiff peak forms ( about 8 minutes using KA mixer).
4. Add 1/3 of egg white mixture into the yolk mixture and fold well
5. Add the remaining egg white mixture and gently fold in together with the chocolate rice until well combine.
6. Pour into cupcake liners, sprinkle some chocolate rice on top, and bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 20 minutes.