I didn’t find any wow factor in this cookie attempt. Not the kind of cookie that I will munch one after another.
Source : Carol
50g cream cheese, cut into small cubes, softened at room temperature
50g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, softened at room temperature,
50g icing sugar, sifted
1 egg yolk
120g cake flour, sifted
30g cocoa powder, sifted ( for a plain cheese flavour, you may omit cocoa powder and replace with cake flour )
1. Beat cream cheese till creamy.
2. Add in butter, mix to combine well.
3. Add in icing sugar, whisk till pale and the mixture stands upright when the whisk is lifted ( beat for 2-3 mins).
4. Add in yolks, mix well to combine.
5. Add in flour and cocoa powder in 2 additons. ( I used mixer at low speed )
6. Use spatula to press the mixture to combine ( do not overmix )
7. Wrap the dough and roll out to 1cm thick rectangular shape. Keep in the fridge for 30 mins.
8. Remove from fridge, cut the hardened dough into 3cm x 3cm squares. Place on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
9. Use tooth picks to poke 4 holes on the square surface.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 15-18 minutes. Turn off the heat and continue to leave the tray to cool in the oven.