Thick and chewy oatmeal cookie loaded with raisins is my favourite.
Source : Very Berry Oatmeal Cookie from Baking Bites, with modifications
Makes 60 medium size cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
1 cup butter, room temperature ( I used 225g )
1 cup sugar ( I used 3/4 cup )
1 cup brown sugar ( I used 1/2 cup )
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour ( I used plain flour )
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (rolled or quick cooking, not instant)
2/3 cup each raisins, dried cranberries and dried blueberries ( I used 2 cups raisins )
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
( Preheat oven to 180C)
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until mixture is light. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually blend the flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in the oats and dried fruits.
4. Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
( I placed the shaped cookie dough in the fridge for about 15 mins )
5. Bake at 350F for 10-13 minutes, until cookies are just golden brown at the edges. ( Bake at 180C for 10-13 minutes )
6. Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.