This is a easy-to-make and delicious-to-taste cookie.
Source : Lifted verbatim from Do What I Like
Crispy Walnut Cookie
75g corn oil
pinch of salt
65g caster sugar
2 tbsp lightly beaten egg ( keep the rest as egg wash )
150g cake flour ( I used plain flour )
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
50g walnut bits ( I used more, about 80g )
1. Toast walnuts in oven at 160C for 6-8 mins. Cut into tiny pieces.
2. Sieve (B) together and add in walnut bits
3. Mix (A) in a mixing bowl.
4. Add oil mixture to flour mixture. Mix well. Dough should be crumbly.
5. Divide dough into 10g pieces, shape them into flat round disc. Apply egg wash. Put them on lined baking tray 2 cm apart to allow room for expansion.
6. Bake at 180C for 15-18 minutes or till golden brown.