I tried out My Baking Library’s suggestion by substituting some flour for the same amount of ground almond with good results. The cookies tasted crunchy with a rich almond flavour. Excellent.
Source : With some modifications from My Baking Library. Click here for original recipe .
120g diced almond, toasted
170g plain flour
50g ground almond
100g icing sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt + a pinch more
105g corn oil
2 egg yolks for egg wash
1. Toast diced almonds at 160C for 20-25 mins or until lightly brown.
2. Sift flour, icing sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add in ground almond. Use a hand whisk to mix evenly. Add in the diced almonds and mix well.
3. Add corn oil to the mixture. Use spatula to bring the mixture together to form a dough.
4. Roll cookie dough between 2 baking sheets to about 1 cm thick. Cut out cookies using desired cutter.
5. Brush egg wash on the cut out cookie dough. Bake at 160C for about 20 mins. Remove cookies and allow them to cool on wire rack before storing in air-tight containers.