Bought 4 kilos pineapple paste but still have a substantial amount of it from the previous pineapple tart baking. I should not expect much vistation as CNY celebration is coming to an end. Having that in mind, I decided to try out a new recipe afterall it’s for own consumption, so it didn’t really matter if it didn’t turn out well. However, they were surprisingly tasty. A little crispy and completely melt-in-your mouth. The amount of milk powder used is just nice to enhance the flavour. I couldn’t resist baking anther batch even after cleaning up the kitchen.
Pineapple Tart with Milk Powder
Source : From My Sweet Hut with slight modifications
Makes 112 pcs bite-sized tarts
300g butter (cold and firm)
2 big egg yolks
½ tsp vanilla extract ( original recipe ¼ tsp )
400g plain flour
12g milk powder
4 Tbsp icing sugar ( original recipe 1tbsp )
A packet of pineapple paste ( original recipe 945g, I used about 700-800g )
1 egg yolk + 2 drops of cooking oil and water for egg wash.
1. Cream butter for 3 mins, add in egg yolks and beat for 3 more mins until light and creamy. Add in vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
2. Sift flours, milk powder and icing sugar together, add into butter mixture. Using spatula to mix by pressing them together. Knead for a few mintues to form dough ( do not over-knead ).
3. Divide pineapple paste into 6g each, roll into round ( I do this in advance )
4. Divide dough into 8g each, flatten and place pineapple paste in the middle. Bring the edges together and seal. Roll in between palms to shape into round. Place on baking tray lined with baking sheet.
5. Glaze shaped dough with egg yolk mixture and bake at 175 degrees C for 18-20 minutes or till lightly golden
6. Allow tarts to cool completely before storing .