When I saw this on Anncoo Journal’s blog, it reminded me of this awesome cake that My Kitchen Snippets has recently posted. This is a quick and easy recipe, a great choice without compromising taste. When you are hard pressed for time, this can be one recipe you can count on as it took me only 15 minutes to prepare and put into the oven. Did you know that there’s a National Banana Bread Day? I got to know from Ann that today, 23rd February is National Banana Bread Day.
“Bananas arrived in the United States in the 1870s and quickly became one of the most popular fruits on the market. It wasn’t long before they started to appear in dessert recipes as the star ingredient. The first cookbooks that mentioned banana bread were published during the Great Depression. Culinary historians believe that a resourceful housewife who did not want to throw away over-ripe bananas may have invented the original recipe.” http://www.punchbowl.com
Banana Apple Cranberry Bread
Source : Anncoo Journal, My Kitchen Snippets
Makes 3 small loaves
1-1/2 cups plain flour ~ 200g ( I used cake flour as I have ran out of plain flour )
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup sugar ~140g ( I used 130g sugar )
½ cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil ~ 100g
1 cup dried cranberry ~ 125g
1 apple, grated ( I used red apple )
3 large bananas, mashed
1. Line and greased a loaf pan. ( I didn’t line and grease as I used disposable loaf pan )
2. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
3. In a mixing bowl, combined flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well and set it aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, combined eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, grated apple and mashed bananas. Mix it well with a big spoon. Add in the dry ingredients into the eggs mixture. Mix until combined.
5. Lasted add in dried cranberries. Mix well and pour it on the baking pan. Bake for 50-70 mins or skewer inserted into bread and comes out clean.