This biscuit-mixed chiffon cake is light and luscious. A handful of chocolate chips was added to enhance the flavour. Specially baked for my girl, Bebe, who requested for an oreo cake but not knowing that she was actually asking for a oreo cheesecake.
Oreo & Chocolate Chips Chiffon Cake
Source : Table for 2 and Cherry Potato ‘Oreo Chiffon Cake’. I added chocolate chips which is not called for in the original recipe.
Makes one 8″ tube pan
65g oreo biscuits, lightly pulverized together with cream ( I use the back of the spoon to crush them )
5 egg yolks
60g corn oil ( I used olive oil )
100g cake flour, sifted
5 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar or 1 tsp lemon or lime juice ( I used lemon juice )
some chocolate chips, to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven at 160 degrees C.
2. Mix yolks, sugar, milk, oil and sifted flour together. Using a hand whisk to combine well.
3. Beat egg whites until frothy, add in cream of tartar or lemon/lime juice and beat until soft peak. Put in sugar gradually and beat until stiff.
4. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into egg yolk mixture, and fold in the remaining egg whites gently. Add in crushed oreo biscuits and fold in gently to combine well.
5. Pour into an ungreased tube pan and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Invert the cake immediately upon removal from oven. Leave it to cool completely before removing the cake from the pan.