Yes, this is a Must Try! Soft and light cake texture, chocolatey and not too sweet. As usual, the use of valrhona cocoa powder brings out the strong chocolate flavour.
Source : Anncoo Journal
Makes 10-12 cupcakes
A Must Try Chocolate Cupcake
100g butter, softened
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (125ml)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup boiling water with 1 tsp Nescafe Classic Instant Coffee powder ( I used 3-1 coffee powder + 1/2 tsp coffee oil, mix well )
190g flour ( I used cake flour )
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
40g cocoa powder ( I used valrhona cocoa powder )
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in bowl. Dissolve baking soda in milk.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light. Add essence and eggs, continue beating.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients (milk, coffee liquid and flour ingredients), beat till smooth.
4. Spoon batter into greased paper cases to 3/4 full.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for about 20 mins or until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool on rack before icing. ( I omitted icing )
7. Ice with whatever type of icing you prefer or dust lightly with icing sugar. ( I omitted )
Notes (Anncoo Journal ) : I think the best time to consume the cupcakes are to chill first.