I’ve mistaken icing sugar for flour and ended up with a mixture of icing sugar and valrhona cocoa powder. I didn’t want to risk this batch of cookies with the wrong mixture, therefore I packed them up and kept in the fridge hoping to use them for other recipes. Anyone has any ideas of what can be done with this ‘pre-mix cocoa icing sugar’ ( sounds better, haha! )? Please drop me a line.
source : Anncoo Journal
280g plain flour
35g Valrhona cocoa powder
285g butter, softened at room temperature
120g icing sugar
A pinch of salt ( I omitted as I used salted butter )
1/2 tsp instant coffee granulate, dissolved in 1 teaspoon of hot water
4 tbsp egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup chocolate chips ( topping the cookies )
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Line the pan with baking sheet, set aside.
2. Get ready with a pastry bag fitted with a (Wilton 1M) tip, set aside.
3. Sieve flour and cocoa powder together, set aside.
4. Beat butter, icing sugar, and salt (if using) at medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Then add the coffee mixture and egg white and beat until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
6. Turn mixer on low and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined and transfer the dough into the prepared pastry bag.
7. Pipe dough onto prepared baking sheet and top with a piece of chocolate chip in the middle of each dough and bake for about 12 minutes.