They are crispy and crunchy. The first bite into the cookie is the crisp & crunch from the cornflakes, and follow up by the significant aroma from the toasted hazelnut. They are perfect! I think the rainbow rice has brightened up these plain looking cookies, you think so?
Source : adapted from Bebe’s home economics class with slight modifications
Makes 70 cookies ( vary according to cookie sizes )
Cornflake Crunchies with Rainbow Rice
200g self raising flour
80g cornflakes, lightly crushed
150g butter, at room temperature
80g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
50g toasted hazelnut ( or almond ), chopped
5tbsp rainbow rice ( or more )
1. Preheat oven 170 degrees C.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy using mixer or wooden spoon ( I used wooden spoon ).
3. Add egg and mix well.
4. Fold in flour, cornflakes, hazelnuts and rainbow rice and mix well.
5. Shape the dough into small balls and flatten with a wet fork.
6. Bake on middle rack for 15-20 minutes.