After seeing this at eileenの记事本 , I think dipping cookies in chocolate creates a beautiful look that would make a perfect gift since Bebe requested to bake for her teachers. This cookie is made of ground almond with a whole almond wrapped up in the centre and when the cookie is cooked, dipped in melted chocolate. Coating cookie in chocolate was no mean feat to me and it took me awhile to do. Actually, I enjoyed this cookie without chocolate coating more as they are less sweet and the ground almond is not overpowered by the chocolate.
Source : 巧克力杏仁饼干 from eileenの记事本
London Almond Cookie
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
120g icing sugar
250g plain flour
250g ground almond ( fry on low flame for 15 minutes )
200g whole almond, toasted
500g cooking chocolate ( melt using double-boil method )
100 small paper cases
sufficient toasted almond nibs ( I used rainbow rice )
1. Cream butter and icing sugar, mix in whole egg and egg yolk till well combine.
2. Mix in B using spatula to form a soft dough.
3. Take about 6g dough, wrap up 1 almond and roll into round or oval shape. Place cookie dough on lined baking tray.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees C for 12 minutes or until cooked and golden. Remove and cool on wire rack. ( I baked for 15-18 minutes ).
5. When cooled, coat cookie with melted chocolate, place in a small paper case and sprinkle toasted almond nibs ( or rainbow rice ).
6. Set aside till chocolate is completely set before storing in airtight container.