Weeks ago, I received an email from The Yogurt Place asking if they can send me samples to try. Arrangement was made and I received three different flavours (natural, blueberry and green tea).
Yogurt Place started in Singapore in 2007, specializing in Greek-Style and is the first in Singapore and in Asia to introduce Freshly Made Greek yogurt. Their yogurt contains low fat, minimal sugar level and no preservatives, yet delightfully smooth and creamy. There is quite a wide selection of flavours, click here to see all the available flavours.
You can visit them at the following outlets or click here for the official website to find out more.
- Compass Point #B1-16A
- Jurong Point #03-114/115
- Toa Payoh HDB Hub (Basement 1 foodcourt)
- The Arcade Level 1 (beside Raffles Place Mrt Station)
- Downtown East (Opp wild wild wet)
- NUS University Town Koufu Foodcourt
I think this is my first time using yogurt in chiffon cake, and there is simply no reason to say ‘No’ to yogurt since it’s healthier and most importantly it tasted as good.
Source : Adapted from Bisous A Toi with slight modifications
Makes one 20cm and one mini cake
Blueberry Yogurt Oreo Chiffon Cake
6 egg yolks
100g blueberry yogurt ( I used blueberry yogurt from Yogurt Place )
4g baking powder
100g caster sugar ( I used 60g )
100g olive oil
6 egg whites
1g cream of tartar
50g blueberry Oreo ( I used strawberry oreo ) – cut into tiny bits
Enough blueberry paste or purple colour ( I omitted )
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C ( I used 170 degrees C ).
2. Hand whisk yolks with sugar till pale in colour. Add in yogurt and oil. Add in flour, baking powder and salt. Lastly add in purple colour ( I omittted ). Mix to combine. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, whisk whites with tartar till foamy. Slowly add in sugar a little at a time, and whisk to stiff peak.
4. Mix 1/3 of the egg whites to egg yolk mixture. Then, fold in the remaining egg whites.
5. Pour half of the mixture into 22 cm tube ( I used one 20 cm tube pan and one mini tube pan ). Sprinkle oreo bits and pour the remaining mixture.
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.