Another cake made with yogurt from The Yogurt Place. With this I finished up all the complimentary yogurt. I always like to substitute sour cream with yogurt in baking as it’s more readily available. Whenever I do grocery shopping, 4 small tubs of strawberry yogurt is a must buy for Be. She loves yogurt. My blogging friend, Amelia from Amelia’s De-ssert has just shared with me that eating yogurt in the morning before breakfast is good for skin complexion. Thanks to Amelia for the tips. Hurry, let’s indulge in yogurt. This is my second time baking this recipe and I must say this is a keeper. The texture is extremely soft to the touch, moist, light and fluffy.
Source : Adapted from Do What I Like with slight modifications
Makes 11 cupcakes ( may vary according to cupcake size )
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
75g butter ( I used salted butter )
135g brown sugar
Pinch of salt ( I omitted )
300g mashed banana + 1 tsp lemon juice + 1 tbsp rum
200g plain yogurt ( I used yogurt from The Yogurt Place )
1 tbsp milk
1. Sieve together self raising flour and baking soda.
2. Add milk to yogurt and mix well till smooth.
3. Mash bananas with some lemon juice and rum.
4. Beat butter, oil, sugar and salt ( omit salt if using salted butter ) till light and fluffy.
5. Add in egg one at a time, beat in well before adding the next one.
6. Beat in the mashed banana.
7. Mix in flour alternating with yogurt over two times.
8. Pour batter into cupcake cases and bake at 180C for 30 minutes or till toothpicks inserted in the center comes out clean.