1/8tsp salt ( I omitted as I used salted butter )
1/2tsp vanilla extract
230g plain flour
1/2tsp baking soda
20g ground almond
60g almond nibs, toasted
Some almond flakes for topping ( I omitted )
1. Beat together butter, sugar, salt (if using) and ammonia till light and fluffy.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla extract, mix to combine well.
3. Sift together plain flour, baking soda and ground almonds. Then mix with butter mixture. Fold in toasted almond nibs .
4. Pinch a small piece of dough about 10 g and shape into a ball. Place it onto a greased baking pan and flatten lightly. Lightly brush the cookies with egg wash. Place almond flake on top ( I omitted ).
5. Bake at 170°C for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.