Be turns 15 today. Happy Birthday, my dear! The birthday girl wanted a strawberry cake, and so I decided on this refreshing no-bake strawberry jelly cheesecake. Yummy!
Strawberry Jellyhearts Cheesecake
Source : with slight modification from Happy Home Baking
Makes one 8″ round
170g digestive biscuits
85g melted butter
250g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
50g icing sugar
1 tbsp gelatin powder
40ml boiling water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 box Jelly crystal ( strawberry flavour )
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
Some strawberries, cut into heart shapes
1. Mix biscuit crumbs & melted butter together and press firmly with the help of a spoon onto the base of a 8″ round cake pan ( I used loose bottom pan ). Line the base with clingwrap and overhang the excess clingwrap at the edge for easy removal.
2. Place gelatin powder and boiling water in a bowl. Heat a pot filled with some water until just simmering and place the bowl inside the pot. Dissolve gelatin and boiling water in the bowl. Keep warm.
3. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese , icing sugar and vanilla essence until smooth & creamy. Blend in gelatin solution and mix well.
4. Pour the cheese mixture into the cake tin. Layer the strawberries on the cheese mixture. Chill for at least 3 to 4 hours.
5. Dissolve the jelly crystal in the cup of boiling water, followed by the cold water. Pour the jelly on the cheese mixture. Let it set before removing from the cake tin.