Mangoes are now in season! I have 3 reasonably large mangoes for just 1 buck (S$). Good time to make mango pudding. I tried recipe from Baking Mum before and this time round I attempted this recipe from Food 4 Tots. Both recipes are equally fantastic, one incoporates ice-cream while the other does not.
This rich, smooth and creamy pudding completes with plenty of mango cubes is heavenly. Sweetness is just right for my liking.
I’ve also included Baking Mum’s recipe in this post.
Source : Food 4 Tots
(Ingredients amount has been modified to make larger portion. Some steps have been re-written for my own preference.)
Makes : 11 small souffle cups
3 large ripe mangoes (375g for puree and 450g for cubes)
13.5g gelatin powder
2 tsp lemon juice
75-90g sugar (depending on the sweetness of the mangoes)
150ml + 60ml water
120ml fresh cream (I used whipping cream)
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin powder over 60ml water. Let the gelatin absorb the liquid and bloom (meaning each granule becomes enlarge). Set aside.
2. Cut mangoes into cubes, add in 1tsp lemon juice and mix well.
3. Blend 375g mango flesh into puree. Add in 1tsp lemon juice and mix well.
4. Use a medium saucepan, add in 150ml water and sugar. With low heat, bring it to boil to dissolve sugar. Turn off the heat, remove from heat, add in soaked gelatine into the pan to combine with the sugar mixture.
5. Add in mango puree and mango cubes, mix well.
6. Add in fresh cream or whipping cream, mix well.
7. Place the saucepan of pudding mixture over a larger container/pot that filled with ice-water. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir the pudding mixture until it becomes slightly thick.
8. With a ladle, scoop the mixture into moulds. Cover the mould with cling wrap or lid and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight for the puddings to completely set.
9. Serve cold.
Source : Baking Mum
(No modification has been made)
100 gm blended mango (puree)
100 gm mango cubes (I normally add more than that)
100 ml whipping cream (I substitute by 30 ml UHT milk, but this is optional)
20 gm gelatine (if you buy the box with 5 individual pkt type, use 2 pkts)
80-100 gm sugar (again I don’t like it too sweet so I use 80 gm only)
300 ml water
250 gm of ice-cream (if you can find mango ice-cream the taste is even better but I don’t think you can find it easily now so use vanilla flavour)
1. Mix water, sugar and gelatine in pan. Boil over slow fire until sugar and gelatine dissolve.
2. Leave the mixture to cool. When cool, add mango puree, mango cubes, whip cream and ice-cream.
3. Stir mixture until all ice-cream is melted. Pour into small cups and leave in fridge to set.