May is a month of celebrations, my daughter’s and son’s birthday, Mother’s day and last but not least, Bake-Along anniversary. Happy 2nd Anniversary to Bake-Along!
I haven’t been baking regularly owing to hectic work schedule, however, I have to set aside some time to bake birthday cakes for both of my teenage children. Be is turning 15 tomorrow and she mentioned she wanted a strawberry cake on her birthday while Re who will be turning 17 four days after his sister has no special request (boy’s nature). I was looking for a cupcake recipe to bake for Be to treat her school friends tomorrow, and I’m glad to have found this awesome recipe from Aspiring Baker ‘Enjoy Cupcakes’.
A simple and easy recipe with awesome taste. Sweetness is just right.
Strawberry Chocolate Chips Cupcake
Makes 10-12 cupcakes
120g strawberry, remove stem and slice into half
150g cake flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder, sifted
75g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
140g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coarsely cut strawberry
Some chocolate chips
1. Place cupcake liner in muffin tin. Preheat oven at 170 degrees C.
2. Milk mixture : In a blender, blend milk with 120g strawberry until smooth.
3. Flour mixture : In a mixing bowl, combine cake flour and baking powder.
4. Butter mixture : In a mixer, beat butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract till light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat till well combined. Scrap down the side whenever is necessary.
5. Add milk mixture and flour mixture alternatively into butter mixture. Start and end with flour mixture ( sequence : flour mixture —>milk mixture —> flour mixture —> milk mixture —> flour mixture ). Beat well to combine after each addition.
6. Add in cut strawberry and chocolate chips. Stir well to combine ( do not beat ).
7. Pour batter into cup liners to about 80% full. Bake in the oven at the center rack for about 20 minutes or till cooked.