I’m intrigued by this ‘Impossible’ Coconut Pie when I saw it at Anncoo Journal while waiting for my turn for blood test. I’m sure many of us have a long list of to-bake recipes , but sometimes the list is getting longer because others which has joined in the list later got its turn earlier, this is IT! Sorry to the ‘rest’, as this recipe is impossible to resist, ‘blame’ it on Ann (LOL). I’m curious to find out how does it taste with the combination of coconut milk, lemon juice and orange juice. The result is pleasing. Each bite releases a distinctive orange and a light tangy lemon taste. The pie has a little crisp top with cake-like texture and the extra munch from the bits of dessicated coconut is delectable.
Source : Anncoo Journal
(Makes one 9″ pie)
‘Impossible’ Coconut Pie
130g caster sugar
75g butter, softened
60g dessicated coconut
1-1/2 tbsp lemon zest
1-1/2 tbsp orange zest
60ml lemon juice
125ml orange juice
200ml thick coconut milk
70g plain flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Pour into a buttered 9″ pie tray.
3. Place pie tray at the lower rack of the oven and bake for 60-80 minutes ( I baked for 80 mins ). Loosely cover with aluminium foil when you find your pie turning brown during half way baking.
4. Set aside to cool, refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
5. Slice and serve with jam of your choice and sprinkle some toasted dessicated coconut. ( I prefer eating plain )