Continuing the strawberry powder episode, here’s another attempt tweaked from Pandan Ogura Cake to Strawberry flavour.
Source : Own experiment tweaked from Pandan Ogura Cake with slight modification
Makes one 8″ square cake
Strawberry Ogura Cake 草莓相思蛋糕
45ml corn oil
80ml milk + 2tsp strawberry powder – mixed and set aside
5 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/4 tsp salt
65g cake flour
5 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
55g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Grease the bottom of a 8″ square tin and line with baking sheet.
3. Beat (A) until frothy ( using KA mixer at medium speed, beat for 4-5 mins )
4. Remove mixture into a large mixing bowl. Sift in (B) and mix well. Cover wit cling wrap and set aside.
5. In a mixer, whisk whites with tartar till foamy. Slowly add in sugar a little at a time, and whisk to stiff peak.
6. Mix 1/3 of the egg whites to egg yolk mixture. Then, fold in the remaining egg white.
7. Pour batter into cake tin and bake for 40-45 mins or until cooked.
8. Invert cake and let it cool.